Coppa Italia quarterfinals: Milan vs. Inter - Hey, it is still a derby

Coppa Italia quarterfinals: Milan vs. Inter - Hey, it is still a derby

There was a poll that I made on Twitter @_FedeNerazzurra about the two upcoming matches for Inter, particularly their importance. 634 people voted in this survey and 49% of them believed that we should play our best players against Milan, it is a derby after all, the remaining votes (51%) believed otherwise which was we should rest our key players for the game against Lazio. To be short, fans are torn on how Spalletti should treat these next two matches. To me personally, it is not even close: Lazio are by far the more important match here. Our team objective in the past several years has always been returning to the Champions League and Lazio are our direct rivals. 

Spalletti, in the meantime, has clear ideas. “The derby is an extremely important match, in no way can it be seen as an ordinary one. This match provides qualification to the semifinals and we will have to give our all as a team. You need to find yourself in the right situations and must make the best out of them to win the derby. I am expecting to see a sign because of how I know the guys, I know that they will take on the responsibility that I ask of them.”

According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, Inter will field a very strong lineup for the Coppa Italia quarterfinals. Icardi, Perisic and Candreva will start in the trident in the attack. Joao Mario could get a surprise start as a trequartista with Gagliardini and Vecino playing from behind. Nagatomo returns in the left back role with Ranocchia and Cancelo filling in for injured Miranda and D’Ambrosio. Skriniar is the other central defender. In goal, it will be Padelli.

Want to support FedeNerazzurra? Click here for details.

Prediction: Milan 1-1 Inter (4-5 PK)

Source: Gazzetta dello Sport

Serie A matchday 19: Inter vs. Lazio - The Champions League is on the line

Serie A matchday 19: Inter vs. Lazio - The Champions League is on the line

Inter laying the groundwork for Antonin Barak as Udinese want 20 million for the Czech midfielder

Inter laying the groundwork for Antonin Barak as Udinese want 20 million for the Czech midfielder