INTER OF SPALLETTI IS BORN - Transfer market and preseason plan, the coach is happy. And now, new contract...
THE INTER OF SPALLETTI
- Luciano is happy with the transfer market and preseason training camp.
- Plan is going forward for his renewal.
- The concerns of summer of 2017 are now memory, the coach now has the team similar to his ideas.
- And in second year, he has always improved…
The Inter machine is reconvened today with the engines are already in order. Luciano Spalletti returned last night in Milan, just in time for the first training session of the new season. Inside, there is serenity of a man who, today, is going to see a team that is much more similar to his ideas than it was a year ago.
READY IMMEDIATELY - Last season there was only Padelli - to which only the following days were added Skriniar and Borja Valero - and today, the five signings are available, including four who already know very well our dressing rooms, our entrance tunnels and all Serie A stadiums. Really, what is there to explain to Asamoah and De Vrij about Italy, just to name a couple of examples?
This is the clear idea of Luciano Spalletti, always strongly convinced of the idea of giving priority to those who have already chewed and digested the Italian league. Inter succeeded in the first part of the work by managing to give Spalletti the symbolic man of his technical and tactical ideas in Nainggolan who is probably the signing that the Inter coach is most proud of. This is why the tones of Luciano’s first words will certainly be sweeter than those of 12 months ago when he said this on the second day of training camp: “Here, there are those who better to leave. There are promises and I will say that they have not been kept.”
One year at Inter - From Riscone to Champions League
- Debut and iron fist - July 6, 2017 began the Inter era of Luciano Spalletti. In Riscone, the coach used strong words: "The players must take me back to the Champions League because I left it behind to leave Rome to come to Milan."
- Derby success - One of his best moments arrived on October 15th when Inter beat Milan 3-2 thanks to the hattrick of Icardi. Spalletti celebrated and said: "Winning like this has a very nice taste. There is enthusiasm but we must get better."
- The black period - Between December and February, Inter did not win for eight straight games. After the draw at home against Crotone, there were whistles and jeers at the San Siro, Spalletti said: "I am worried because I did not see any reaction."
- Fourth spot - The comeback victory against Lazio happened on May 20th: Inzaghi was beaten and Champions League was conquered. Luciano celebrated with the fans and a few days later said that "we are touching paradise with one finger."
RENEWAL - Then, he looked unpleasant and the fact that Milan were buying one player each day surely did not help. Now the story has turned upside down. All the star players are still here, misunderstanding has been clarified, the most work has been done. But not everything is done just yet. There are still two starting spots to be filed: a right back and a central midfielder. Another task at hand is to start selling the “extras” at the club.
All this is to finish a beautiful drawing that gives Spalletti a team that is capable of changing skin and formation at any time in any game. And at this point, even Spalletti’s new contract will become a reality. The current agreement, 2019, will be reviewed, a clear sign of mutual trust between coach and management: announcement is already planned and will arrive in the next few weeks, at the latest by the beginning of the season, when official matches begin.
Thanks to the Champions League, thanks to a coach who has the go-ahead to design a summer tailored to the dress that he wants to sew: no tournaments, no strange ideas, just work at Appiano Gentile and the friendlies will be very quick trips within Europe. So much work to be done but so little stress. The recipe is simple, not the “there is no time to work in depth” of a year ago referring to the Chinese tour.
ALWAYS BETTER - From 2005 onwards, since the coach accepted the Roma job, Spalletti has always done better in his second season leading a team. And the one time when he did not improve in terms of total points scored, at Zenit, he still won the league. One can wonder if the coach, in his head, will set higher standards this year compared to a year ago when he said clear and loud: “I ask the players to give me as much as I have given to accept Inter.” The Champions League is here and starting today, it is the race to give something more.